Have you ever sat down to write only to freeze as you stare at a blank page? Well, I know I’ve been there before so I created this post to help you create your next story!
Remember, the best way to improve your writing is to write every day. I know how hard that can be so here’s 30 creative writing prompts for you on those days your brain blanks out!
- “I looked into the mirror, it looked back at me.”
- “They always said being a surgeon would be fun. They never mentioned having to tell someone about how you just accidentally killed their son.”
- “I knocked on her door holding flowers. A man opened it.”
- “I smiled as I placed flowers at my grave.”
- “One day, all the color faded from the world.”
- “I dug through the thick mud, my hands aching from digging. I panted hard as I looked down at my uncovered bones.”
- “The sign said no life guard on duty. I should have listened.”
- “Death wept as he pulled the soul from life.”
- “She smiled down at him, clenching the gun between her hands. She loved seeing him beg for his life.”
- “She answered the door and froze, seeing two Police Officers standing there. She fell to her knees and sobbed. He was gone.”
- “He ran through the house, frantically looking for his mother. He froze when he saw her. She slowly turned towards him with a grin. “Welcome home, Hun.” She said as blood dripped from her torn face. She grinned through ripped skin. “Give me a hug, Son.” She said, charging him.”
- “Stop it!” She demanded. He looked up at her with confusion. “Stop what?” He asked. She glared at him. “Stop grinning at me when you think I’m not looking!”
- “Never trust a Millionaire unless you know what they did to get to that point.”
- “She slowly walked through her house, following the trail of rose petals. She froze when she saw him standing there, holding a bouquet of flowers. She felt her heart start to race. She didn’t know this man.”
- “Someone walks by you and passes you a note. You frown and read it. It says, “Run away now. Before the bombs go off.”
- “Her life changed when she realized the monsters under her bed were the closest thing to a friend she had.”
- “You stole that, didn’t you?” She asked him with a scowl. He looked down and frowned. “To be honest, I can’t remember where I got this from.” He said.”
- “My Mother always said that the prettiest flowers die the quickest. I realized she was right as I watched you die.”
- “I saved your life.” He said with a smile. “By shooting me?!” She yelled.”
- “She folded her arms and frowned at him. “You don’t strike me as a professional Hitman.” She said. He grinned up at her with a sparkle in his green eyes. “That’s what makes me so good at it.” He said with a wink.”
- “The dragon fell in love with the princess.”
- “She smiled as they skated over the ice. She nimbly touched his finger tips and felt her heart soar. Everything stopped when the ice cracked and she plunged into the dark icy water.”
- “I can’t go to Hell. Satan banned me from there. Guess he was afraid I’d take over.” She said with a simple shrug.”
- “You’ve almost died so many times that Death has fallen in love with you.”
- “Most stories start out with a romance of some type. Well, mine would have, if I hadn’t just accidentally killed my crush.”
- “It’s only 9:00 am and I just blew up two buildings.”
- “Her lips were like a hot flame against the icy lips of her lost love.”
- “I was always the master of words and she was the master of action but in that moment, there were no words or actions that could bring her back to me.”
- “Well it’s kind of a long story.” He said with a frown. “I’m immortal. I got time.” She said.”
- “Right now I don’t know if I want to kiss you or shoot you!” She yelled. He sent a lopsided smile at her. “Can I choose?”
Well, there you go! There’s 30 creative word prompts for you to use as you please. I hope this helps you the next time you get stuck staring at a blank page.
Remember, the best way to improve your skills is to use them! So write everyday and build those writing muscles.
Now, go forth and conquer!